Quality Assurance Specialist
Position: Quality Assurance - Grid and Cloud Computing
Position Location: Markham (GTA), ON, Canada office
This position will report to the Director of Engineering and will be
responsible for the entire QA process for Univa products including
working closely with development teams on QA process and testing
infrastructure. The successful candidate will have many of the
following skills and characteristics.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Some development experience with C/C++ on Linux/UNIX environments
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure, grid and high performance computing
- Experience with Univa Grid Engine or other high performance and grid computing and job scheduling software
- Experience developing test plans, test infrastructure, and automated test frameworks
- Proficient at shell scripting (bash, sh)
- Self motivated with the desire to increase area of responsibility over time
- Experience with Linux Operating System variants (RHEL, Debian, SuSE).
- Develop test plans, test infrastructure and automated tests for Univa Grid Engine.
- Manage the software release process for Univa Grid Engine
- Develop shell scripts in /bin/csh, /bin/sh where appropriate for testing Grid Engine functionality
- Learn new software frameworks and tools as necessary to support testing of Grid Engine
- Learn and implement Scrum/Agile process for Quality Assurance.
- Participate in Design reviews where appropriate to create test cases
- Log bugs, enhancement requests, in a bug tracking system (e.g. JIRA)
Univa seeks a disciplined, mature, self-motivated individual who displays the following traits:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with an emphasis on communicating with co-workers in a distributed engineering environment including an offshore team.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction with a track record of doing the right thing
- Persistent and tenacious
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment where high energy and resiliency are required
- Works well in a culture which values a collaborative, participative and non-political management style
Univa is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of Univa that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.